Flushing 2050 also partakes in advocacy on behalf of Flushing, engaging in conversations that increase the awareness of Flushing's unique opportunities and challenges in creating long-term, balanced growth.
Below are examples of the activities that Flushing 2050 is involved in:
Citywide Meetings & Testimony
- Testimony for affordable housing needs at city agency meetings, including Housing Preservation & Development and Department of Youth & Community Development.
- Presentation to New York City real estate leaders on socially equitable neighborhoods hosted by George Washington University and Regional Plan Association.
- Participant in the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agency's forum and advocacy for neighborhood collective impact.
Site Visits & Neighborhood Tours
- Hosted a site visit with the Federal Reserve Bank-NY at a local Flushing restaurant as part of their Queens borough tour to better understand needs.
- Hosted a neighborhood tour for citywide and regional funders interested in equitable development.
- Engaged CUNY Institute for State and Local Governance to share their Equality Indicators to learn about Flushing's workforce development needs.
- Participated in Association for Neighorhood and Housing Development's United for Small Businesses campaign.
Press & Storytelling
- Pitched a local services map to share resources for Flushing residents and businesses at the NYC Big Apps competition.